ARENAL VOLCANO COSTA RICA STRATOVOLCANO
- Stratovolcanos are common in subduction zones - a subduction zone is part of plate tectonics where oceanic crust is drawn under continental crust
- Arenal is considered an Andesitic Stratovolcano which is given the name after the Ande mountains and describes the composition of minerals that are released from the Arenal Volcano
- The tourist come to see the Pyroclastic flows which is solid to semi-solid fragments and hot, expanding gases that flows down the flank of the volcano make for a spectacular show.
- Arenal is a result of the Subduction of the Coco & Carib Tectonic plates.
- The Pacific Ring of Fire is the most common place for Stratovolcano.
- Stratovolcano make for some of the best booms on the planet and not just tourist booms...
Post a Comment